Of course, the moment I post on mobile applications, I get yet another press release. This time AdMob, a mobile advertising network, has provided information on consumer usage and attitudes in regard to Android, iPhone and webOS applications. In their AdMob Mobile Metrics Report, they provide a number of points including the following:
- iPhone users tend to download more paid applications than Android users even though both groups download nearly the same number of applications.
- 50% of iPhone users purchase one paid application a month.
- 21% of Android users purchase one paid application a month
- Percentage of people who would recommend their device to others. These statistics come as no surprise:
- 64% of webOS users would recommend their device
- 84% of Android users would recommend their device
- 91% of iPhone users would recommend their device
- From a pure application download perspective, the number of apps downloaded on a monthly basis averages:
- 12 for iPod touch users
- 7 for Android users
- 6 for webOS users
For more information, you can check out the January 2010 Mobile Metrics Report.