Environment: Visual C++ 5 and 6
The Project Line Counter add-in reports statistics about files in your Visual
C++ projects. Line Counter was created in order to demonstrate various
programming tools and techniques.
- Varied statistical data about your source code, including:
- Number of lines
- Lines with code
- Lines with C/C++ style comments
- Mixed lines (code and comments)
- Reports the distribution of files in your project, by extension.
- Can export the statistical data to a text report file.
- Automatic scan of your project file.
- Single-click activation.
- Various parsing options.
- Online help.
- Full source code.
Line Counter is a demo/proof of concept application for demonstrating various
- Reusable components from WndTabs
(pluggable online help, registry configuration, etc.)
- The Add-In Communication Library.
- Joshua Jensen’s Workspace Whiz!
a powerful extension library for DevStudio add-ins.
All of these components are discussed in detail in the add-in’s on-line help file.
Version 1.11 is a maintenance release that adds support for WWhizInterface! v2.10
The previous Version 1.10 was a maintenance release, with some new
features and a few internal changes:
- Line-Counter no longer uses the STL, and dependencies on the various
STL runtime libraries (such as MSVCP60.dll) has been removed.
- New feature: A file summary dialog which displays the distribution of files
- New feature: Ability to export the statistical results as a simple text
- The old HTML Help support module (HTMLHelpBase.cpp) has been replaced
with a new and much improved support module (HHSupp.cpp). Unlike the
old HTMLHelpBase which only handled help for dialogs and property pages,
the new support module supports full MFC applications. There
have also been improvements in the dialog handling code.