Many data centers include firewalls between the end-users and the servers and other integrated systems that support an implementation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. This document provides guidance on the connectivity requirements between Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and other systems to assist readers with proper firewall configuration in customer environments.
The MS CRM Engineering for Enterprise (E2) Nuts and Bolts (NB) series is an expanding set of topical content, with each offering detailed information about the internal mechanisms related to a specific area of functionality within Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
NB Series offerings are designed to provide detailed technical resources that:
- Address often repeated queries to technical aliases
- Consolidate answers, links, etc., that are generated in response to those queries
- Offer multiple levels of complementary information to support a broader, multi-perspective understanding of the topic
- Convey the baseline ?principles? users require to begin to address related but tangential technical queries
- Present content using a consistent structure and ?look and feel
- The white paper provides an overview of the default connectivity requirements for:
- On-premise deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- Mail Servers
- Citrix Servers