When I used ADO to add sth. into a sql2k DB, i met with some problems because one column of a table in the DB is 'smalldatetime' type. When I used the 'datetime' type instead, the similar codes are as follows:
They worked quite well. But after I had changed the column "Time" from type 'datetime' to 'smalldatetime', the program generated run-time errors. How can I do with it? Are there any cast functions I can use?
Thanks a lot!
I am finding difficult in initializing the combobox with large number of records and then sorting it.
Every time, a function is called, its takes a long time to read the records and sort them.
Is there any way, where after the first use, the process takes a very short time after every reuse.
I am using VC++ as my application.
I like many of you may have the same dilemma and I think its about time this problem and hopefully the answer gets published.
I want to know how to have a recordset of data from my access database published on the final ASP page based on YES or NO choice on a form on the previous ASP page.
Presently, I have an ASP page with a Form requiring a YES or No answer to a question above it. Once the user inputs into the RADIO button their choice then they submit it. This Yes or No answer gets posted to another ASP that displays the answer as either, "The Answer is YES" or "The Answer is NO".
How can I have my YES answer from the user pull in data from the database as a recordset and post that specific data to the final ASP page based on the YES input into the Radio button "YES".
My problem is:
I have a DSN. From this i can easily get the name if database it is pointing to. But how to get the tables in that database at run time?
plss mail the reply at email@example.com.
Thanks and regards
Thank, Tom, it is very useful class. But in some cases it is necessary to operate with a lot of data, and MoveNext() is too slow. Have author or anybody else tried to use CQueryDef with multiple rows fetching?
I have to machines with MSDE and sql ODBC driver, mentioned above.
On the first machine ODBC driver v. 3.60.0319 is installed, and there's no problems.
On the second machine, I've noticed an error "Data truncated" for the text field that is lengthen than 255. As I discovered, this error was caused by RFX_text, where the nMaxlength param is set to less value (by default it is 255). Because the fields are dynamically binded, we can't make it get other value, so I suggest to comment the following lines in recordset2.cpp:
// Constrain to user specified max length, subject to 256 byte min
if (cbColumn > (UINT)nMaxLength || cbColumn < 256)
cbColumn = nMaxLength;
I would like author to comment this changes or suggest other
solution to this problem.