This is a simple User-Control for easily creating a "splitter-window-like" outfit with any two controls on your VB-form.
Steps to generate this:
- Place the ctlSplitterEx on your form an size it.
- Place two other control on your form which you want to be splitted. The size & position on these controls doesn't matter. They will be resized and placed at runtime so they will hide the cltSplitterEx at runtime nearly completely.
- Attach the two controls to the ctlSplitterEx by invoking ctlSplitterEx.AttachObject
- Define the TileMode to horizontally/vertically by setting ctlSplitterEx.TileMode - Property. [default: horizontally]
- Define the position of the tilebar by setting the ctlSplitterEx.TilePercenze - Property. [default: 30%]
Example to generate a splitter window with a textbox on the right an a button on the left:
private Sub Form_Load()
me.ctlSplitterEx1.AttachObjects me.Text1, me.Command1, true
me.ctlSplitterEx1.TileMode = TILE_VERTICALLY
If you enjoy this control send me an email.
Download zipped source and demo project (3k)