WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
Wednesday not only marked the availability of Office 2010 for organizations, but also the immediate availability of Office Mobile 2010 for all Windows Mobile 6.5 based phones with an earlier version of Office Mobile FOR FREE! via Windows Phone Marketplace. Office Mobile 2010 for Windows Mobile 6.5 includes new mobile versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and SharePoint Workspace. These new mobile versions offer a more touch-friendly layout and greater ability to work with documents on the phone like editing PowerPoint presentations.
Office Mobile 2010 integrates with your Windows phone to offer an intuitive experience. Use natural gestures to touch through menus and easily flick your way through a file for quick navigation with simple clicks, drags, and taps.
- Browse document libraries and lists right from your smartphone. Open documents directly for viewing or editing in Microsoft Word Mobile 2010, Microsoft Excel® Mobile 2010, and Microsoft PowerPoint® Mobile 2010, and sync them back to SharePoint Server 2010 once reconnected. Best of all, you can sync documents on your smartphone with a single touch so you never miss a beat.
- With PowerPoint Mobile 2010 and the Presentation Companion, a second monitor is always readily available. You can connect your Windows phone to your PC via Bluetooth and use PowerPoint Mobile 2010 as your second monitor to easily view your presentation notes. Your phone can even be used to advance your slides!
- You can open Office documents created on a desktop application and view them on your smartphone with high fidelity, with Text Reflow technology in Office Mobile 2010. When you edit and save your file, rich formatting, such as tables, charts and SmartArt graphics, will be preserved.
- Theres no need to take documents from your Windows phone back to your computer in order to e-mail them to others. With Office Mobile, you can send documents via e-mail or save them directly back to SharePoint Server 2010 using SharePoint Workspace Mobile 2010.
- Enjoy a familiar formatting experience when creating or editing on your smartphone. The Office Mobile applications have many of the same formatting tools you already know and use in Microsoft Office. With Office Mobile 2010, you have the richest editing experience found on any mobile device.
- Outlook Mobile 2010 brings powerful and familiar concepts from Outlook 2010 to your Windows phone when connected to Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
- With the improved clipboard on your Windows phone, copying and pasting to and from any other application on your smartphone is simple and intuitive.
Office Mobile 2010 for Windows Mobile 6.5 includes new mobile versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and SharePoint Workspace.