Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
This is an extension for the Windows Task Manager (NT/2000). The features are the following:
- Show Application icons in Processes list (if available)
- Use different color for services
- Find a used file by any process. (Use * as file name for showing every used file)
(The search is a full text search, so for example you can use the extension only)
- Find a used module by any process
(The search is a full text search, so for example you can search for "kernel")
- Show Process ID in Applications tab
- Use different color for processes if the CPU usage reaches a given limit ( 25%, 50%, 75% )
- Query list of every files, handles, modules, windows used by a given process
- Close a used file (you can unlock an exclusively opened file, so you can delete it)
- Unload a used module (so you can delete it)
- You can kill services too
- Fast end process. Press DEL key!
For best performance you have to be an administrator!
Copy the TaskManagerEx.exe and TaskManagerEx.Dll to a directory and then execute TaskManagerEx.exe. This executable will hook every instance of Task Manager. If you want to start TaskManagerEx.exe automatically, create a shortcut in the Startup folder.
Thanks to everybody who contributed anything on http://www.codeguru.com. Especially for the List View section!
System information classes: http://www.codeguru.com/system/ntsysteminfo.shtml.
Remote module load/unload: http://www.codeguru.com/dll/LoadDll.shtml
If you close or unload any file/handle from a process, it can crash.
- Sometimes TaskManager.exe crashes after start. Start it again!
- If you query used files on NT4, the Messenger service brings up a dialog. I don't know why :)
- Set priority sub menu fix 3/26/2001
- Internationalization fix (Using Taskmgr caption from resources) . Thanks Dominique Faure! 3/30/2001