Building the Right Environment to Support AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
SpeedySCM is an improvement on the NT Service Control Manager. Even though I've seen two other service control managers posted at CodeGuru (called "Services" and "ServiceInstaller"), I believe this program has a couple of interesting features:
- Mulitple selection SpeedySCM allows you to start, pause, stop, and continue multiple services with a single click.
- Terminate - This allows you to TerminateProcess a crashed service. You no longer have to start the Visual Studio debugger and attach it; a single click will do. Terminating groups of services is also allowed.
- Continuous updates SpeedySCM keeps track of a service until it has completed the control action. This is done for multiple services at the same time. If an error occurs, it is displayed in a list; no annoying messageboxes pop up.
- Speed - Compared to the native SCM, or the other programs I've seen at CodeGuru, this program is really fast.
- Multithreading - Service controls are performed in a separate thread, so you never have to wait for one action to finish before you can start the next.
- Network enabled - You can control services over the network (although the 'terminate' feature works only on the local PC.)