WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
SpeedySCM is an improvement on the NT Service Control Manager. Even though I've seen two other service control managers posted at CodeGuru (called "Services" and "ServiceInstaller"), I believe this program has a couple of interesting features:
- Mulitple selection SpeedySCM allows you to start, pause, stop, and continue multiple services with a single click.
- Terminate - This allows you to TerminateProcess a crashed service. You no longer have to start the Visual Studio debugger and attach it; a single click will do. Terminating groups of services is also allowed.
- Continuous updates SpeedySCM keeps track of a service until it has completed the control action. This is done for multiple services at the same time. If an error occurs, it is displayed in a list; no annoying messageboxes pop up.
- Speed - Compared to the native SCM, or the other programs I've seen at CodeGuru, this program is really fast.
- Multithreading - Service controls are performed in a separate thread, so you never have to wait for one action to finish before you can start the next.
- Network enabled - You can control services over the network (although the 'terminate' feature works only on the local PC.)