Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
- Warning Level 4.0 compliant
- Documentation is doxygen compatible
ResFile is a nice project that allows reading from the resources of an ordinary DLL (or EXE) just as if it were a normal CFile. There are many useful scenarios. I used it to compile default INI files in my application, for example.
The class CResourceFile is derived from CFile and therefore may be used at any place where CFile could be used. Use it in conjunction with a CArchive to have buffered string reading capabilities.
CResourceFile reads the complete file when opening it (this is the nature of Windows resource memory reading), keeping it in a buffer. Following Read() Operations are just returning from the buffer.
It is simple to use; just follow these points:
- You can extract just the class (the two files, ResFile.cpp and ResFile.h, out of the sample project).
- Just include a resource of type "BINARY" (use the quotation marks in Resource Editor).
- Pass the constructor the module's own instance handle; for example, AfxGetApp()->m_hInst.
- Call Open() and pass the resource name (use MAKEINTRESOURCE if you have only numerical IDs) and CFile::modeRead.
- Then, call a read and you will have CFile-like access on your resources.