Building the Right Environment to Support AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
CSelfXResource presents binary resources contained in specified module and extracts them into local file
- developing your application insert needed binary (.DLL, .EXE, .SYS etc.) as custom binary resource in your project
- instantiate CSelfXResource with resource ID and resource type you assigned to binary(-ies)
- extract and save the needed resource to local file
- use this binary as you need
- on destruction of the CSelfXResource object the local file containing extracted resource will be also deleted
There is small sample application included: one useful utility ListDll.EXE (thanks to Mr. Mark Russinovich www.sysinternals.com) inserted as binary resource. This Application will be extracted on runtime in local file, started, the output will be redirected int output file and the contents of this file will be shown in the main application window.
The same way you can use CSelfXResource for DLL: insert DLL as binary resource, extract into local file on runtime, call LoadLibrary, GetProcAddress and so on.
Also drivers can be used this way: on Win9x - insert VxD into application as binary resource, extract on runtime, and call CreateFile() etc. to load and call the driver. On WindowsNT - insert SYS as binary resource, extract on runtime, call CreateService(), StartService() and call the driver.
...just try!...Sure, the application executable (or DLL - if your application is an DLL) will grow, but for 1-2 binary files this is sometimes preferrable against need to create installation/deinstallation.
Thanks to Dr. Mark Russinovich www.sysinternals.com for tools
For questions and bugfixes use mailto:email@example.com
DownloadsDownload demo project - 66 Kb
Download source - 1 Kb