Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
Environment: Win32 API (no MFC)
This is a GPL/LGPL color picker demo based on a custom color selector. I coded it as a part of a Win32 server that I use in my graphics apps. It's pure Win32 API C++ and it should compile with VC++ 6.0. For your convenience, there are precompiled binaries in the 'bin' folder.
To Implement the Picker
- Build 'server_win.lib' and 'server_util.lib' (with the appropriate DLLs).
- Include 'server_win.h' and 'server_util.h' into your source code.
- Make a reference to the picker's global instance:
- Call the picker where you want it to appear:
"c_colorpick& <yourpicker> = colorpick;"
"COLORREF rgb = <yourpicker>.getcolor(<handle to owner window>);"The function above returns -1 when 'Cancel' is pressed.
To Get the Picker's Settings
- Declare an instance of color-info structure:
- When the picker returns, obtain the above values by calling:
- Then you can save these values into a file so that all settings can be loaded when the app starts again. How it could be done is shown in the "bool writeini()" function in 'colpick_main.cpp'.
"_colorinfo <yourinfo>;"This structure will hold the color space type, palette saturation range, and custom colors.
To Initialize the Picker to the Last-Saved Settings
- Load the file you`ve saved in the previous section and fill in the <yourinfo> structure.
- Before you call the picker, make a call:
- Your picker should be initialized. (For details, look at "bool readini()" and "WinMain()" in 'colpick_main.cpp'.)