Application Security Testing: An Integral Part of DevOps
Recently I've downloaded the CodeTmpl Add-In contributed by Darren Richards. In my opinion it is very useful utility, very simple in customizing and encourages good coding habits. Personally i am using it exhaustively.
However sometimes I've found it frustrating to find and edit the CodeTmpl.txt file. Here are the steps you have to perform to make a change to it:
- Find a MSDEV\SharedIde folder.
- Open a CodeTmpl.txt file in a text editor or in Visual Studio. If you are opening it in Visual Studio do the : Right-click > Properties > Language > C++.
- Do your editing , and save it.
- Go back to Visual Studio if were out of there.
- Hold "Control" key to reload the CodeTmpl.Txt and click the toolbar button.
The solution is just one step away. In the same manner as the reloading of CodeTmpl.txt done (remember when you hold "Control" key), when your press "Control" key and press toolbar button the new option in menu will appear "Open CodeTmpl.Txt". By choosing this option you will cause the add-in do all five steps for you.
That way making changes to CodeTmpl.txt is now simpler and fun :).
For those who cares
The change in code was made in CTAddin::CTInsCodeTmpl() located in CTAddIn.cpp.
Hope it will help to the guys using this great utility.
Date Last Updated: February 3, 1999