WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
In Window95 a screen saver can be previewed in display property dialog . How can the application knows whether it runs in full screen mode or in the preview mode . If the the first parameter is 'c' you need to run config . if it is 'p' you need to create a preview window . If it is 's' you need to create full screen window .
- One is derived from CWinApp , it(CSSApp) will judge whether runs in full screen mode or in preview mode and call the proper member function to start task .
- The other two are derived from CWnd , one(CFullWnd) is full screen window the other(CSmallWnd) is preview window.
There are some virtual member function in the CSSApp .
- InitInstance(...) It will judge the running mode and call the proper function (DoConfig, DoSmall or DoFull) .Your class derived from CSSApp must call it in InitInstance .
- DoConfig(...) You must override it to display your configuration dialog .
- DoSmall(...) You must override it to create your preview mode window . You need create a child whose parent window is CWnd* pParent = CWnd::FromHandle((HWND)atol(__argv)) .
- DoFull(...) You must override it to display the full screen window .
The class CFullWnd and CSmallWnd can be the base class of your full screen window class and preview window class . When the window is created it will generate a timer . The thing you need to do is overriding the OnTimer(...) function .