Application Security Testing: An Integral Part of DevOps
- Expect the release of Windows® .NET Server 2003. This is expected in the first half of this year.
- Expect the release of the next version of Office ("Office 11"). Among its features, this new version will have broad support for XML.
- Expect the next version of the Exchange messaging platform, code-named "Titanium." Among its new features is better mobile access.
- Expect "Jupiter." This is a new, combined version of Microsoft BizTalk® Server, Microsoft Commerce Server and Microsoft Content Management Server.
- Expect SharePointTM) Team Services.
- Expect "XDocs," a new application, built from the ground up. This application which is expected to be a part of the office suite of apps, allows you to create rich text forms that can serve as a front end in capturing data.
- Expect Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET 2003 along with the .NET Framework 1.1.
- Expect the release of a 64-bit version of Microsoft SQL ServerTM 2000 Enterprise Edition. This version is to take advantage in the enhancements in the 64-bit platform of Windows .NET Server 2003.
- Expect an enterprise-level tool for conducting managed communications via instant messaging - MSN® Messenger Connect for Enterprises.
- Expect speech. Microsoft is working on a number of speech technologies including the release of a beta of the .NET Speech platform, the release to manufacturing of the .NET Speech SDK, and browser extensions for Pocket Internet Explorer.
- Expect a newly upgraded telematics software platform, Windows Automotive. This software will enable easy access to servers, networks and a wide range of Web services from your car.
And most of all, expect coverage on CodeGuru and Developer.com on these topics and their impacts.