Application Security Testing: An Integral Part of DevOps
Environment: Windows 98, Microsoft Visual Basic 6
This projects provides three main functions, each with its own window, as you can see in the image above.
- Ico, Exe, Dll—you can consider this window as a icon browser/extractor.
- Make Icon Group—enables you to create icons, with different versions of an icon (small/large, 16/256 colors, ...) in one file.
- Simple Icon Cursor editor—here you can create new icons or edit existing ones.
Although the program is 'complete', it's kept as simple as possible and maybe you'll need some other not-yet provided functionalities. Of course, the more you want to change or add, the more you'll have to dig into the project's code.
You could be interested in the code as a source of information on different subjects. You can learn something about:
- Extracting icons directly from EXEs and DLLs using the shell32 API function ExtractIconEx.
- Enumerating resources in 32bit EXEs and DLLs using an API callback function.
- How to create new icons or cursors.
- How to group icons into one file.
- Drag & drop operations (a little bit).
- Using the ListView, TreeView, and ImageList controls (all MS Common Controls).
- How to use the shell32 API function SHBrowseForFolder,
DownloadsDownload demo executable - 156 Kb
Download source - 119 Kb