How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017
Environment: Developed with VC++6 SP3, tested on NT4 SP3, Win9x and Win2K (see below)
- Full support to multiple layout:
- Horizontal and vertical orientation
- Markers' arrows may point both top/left and bottom/right (this works fine, only some tiny graphical flaws were noticed occasionally on some platforms - especially Win2K. Any fix is welcome!).
- Possibility of inverting ranges (from left to right and viceversa and top-down or viceversa). I introduced this because I needed a vertical Slider, and it looked better going upwards, while the default was the opposite.
- The control works fine (graphic is OK) for any reasonable size.
- Markers that are dragged outside the control may disappear (behaviour on original control) or simply stop at the end of the sliding channel.
- Markers in original control may overcross (?) so that you could drag the leftmost to become the rightmost and viceversa. I found little use of this for my purpouses - to say it all, I wanted to avoid it! Now such a behaviour is configurable.
- Original control had two cool right-click effects: change of intervals colors (cliccking on intervals) and setting of exact position of a marker (cliccking on the marker itself). Now you can decide what the user can or can't do.
- I found the focus rect disturbing in my application. You can remove it setting an apposite flag.
- A notification mechanism is set, so that parent window knows when the user modifies position of a marker in the control.
To set all of these features (excluded orientation,
which must be decided in the usual way), all you need is to pass a suitable mask
to Init function, together with usual parameters (Min and Max ranges, number of
ticks, number of markers, list of colors...)
int LayOut = MLTSLD_DISPLAY_VALUES | MLTSLD_DISPLAY_TOOLTIPS | MLTSLD_PREVENT_CROSSING | MLTSLD_ALLOW_SET_POS; for (int j=0; j<SLIDERS_NUM; j++) m_Slider[j].Init(min, max, 10, m_NumMarkers, NULL, colors, LayOut);
All that you need is to include few files in your project. See comment in the zip of Demo project for more info.
DownloadsDownload demo project - 51 Kb
Download executable - 511 Kb