WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
This article is intended as a tutorial with a practice lab for building an ActiveX control. It shows how to:
- Add the new property page in an ActiveX control
- Use the FireEvent() function of an ActiveX control in an application
- Add the custom method and efficiently use the custom method in ActiveX application
The practice labs perform the ActiveX control clock and then use the ActiveX control clock to obtain the multialarm clock application. The features of multialarm clock are:
- The user could set the clock for as many as 10 alarms.
- The user could set how long each alarm rings.
- The user could set the particular sound file for each alarm. If the sound file is not set, the alarm will beep.
- The clock alarms will be noticed when the user sets each alarm. The information is shown in order of the next alarm.
The files are in two parts (the ActiveX control and using the ActiveX control), as follow.
- The ActiveX control includes two folders:
- The ActiveX control of a simple clock
- The ActiceX control clock, adding some more features
- The application of ActiveX control includes two folders (both use the ActiveX control clock shown in 1b):
- The simple application uses the ActiveX control clock
- The multialarm clock application uses the rich features of an ActiveX control clock
Download ProjectActiveX Clock 01 (3.8 MKB)
ActiveX Clock 02 (3.4 MB)
Alarm Clock Application (5.4 MB)
Multi-Alarm Clock Application (5.5 MB)