How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017
How to use it
Using the CHistoryCombo class is very straightforward. Follow the steps below to add one to an existing project.
1. After putting the source files (HistoryCombo.cpp and HistoryCombo.h) into the directory you wish to use them from, add the files to your Visual Studio project.
2. In the resource editor, add a combo where you wish.
3. In Class Wizard add a member variable for your combo control, selecting "Control" from the "Category" list, and selecting "CHistoryCombo" from the "Variable Type" list. (If CHistoryCombo does not appear in the list, you may need to delete your class wizard file (.clw) and regenerate it). I will assume your control variable name is m_comboHistory.
4. Add a handler for WM_INITDIALOG in your dialog class if you don't already have one, and add the following code to it:
m_comboHistory.LoadHistory("Settings", "HistoryCombo");(Note: you can specify any strings you wish for the section, and key-prefix)
5. In your handler for the IDOK button, or whereever you choose, add the following:
That's all you need to do.
Each function is documented in the cpp file. Here is a list of functions in CHistoryCombo:
CHistoryCombo(BOOL bAllowSortStyle = FALSE);
CString LoadHistory(LPCTSTR lpszSection, LPCTSTR lpszKeyPrefix, BOOL bSaveRestoreLastCurrent = TRUE, LPCTSTR lpszKeyCurItem = NULL);
CString LoadHistory(CRecentFileList* pListMRU, BOOL bSelectMostRecent = TRUE);
void SaveHistory(BOOL bAddCurrentItemtoHistory = TRUE);
int AddString(LPCTSTR lpszString);
void SetMaxHistoryItems(int nMaxItems);
void ClearHistory(BOOL bDeleteRegistryEntries = TRUE);
void StoreValue(BOOL bIgnoreIfEmpty = TRUE);
May 8, 2002 - Version 2
- removed CBS_SORT on creation if specified
- added option to allow the sort style to be set if required
- fixed SetMaxHistoryItems, so it removes old entries from the list to ensure that there are no more than the maximum. Also made SaveHistory remove redundant profile entries above the maximum.
- use WriteProfileString to remove profile entries rather than CRegKey.