Just try this:
- Copy any text by pressing Ctrl+C.
- Click this link: http://www.sourcecodesworld.com/special/clipboard.asp.
- You will see the text you copied on the screen. It was accessed by this Web page.
Do not keep sensitive data (like passwords, credit card numbers, PIN etc.) in the clipboard while surfing the web. It is extremely easy to extract the text stored in the clipboard to steal your sensitive information.
This works for both IE and Netscape.
To avoid the Clipboard hack problem, do the following:
- Go to Internet Options, Security.
- Press custom level.
- In the security settings, select disable under Allow paste operations via script.
Now, the contents of your clipboard are safe and you can continue to enjoy Web browsing.
The following few lines are the actual agent used to steal the Clipboard data from your machine: