Application Security Testing: An Integral Part of DevOps
Recently it was reported that Canadian Microsoft site released the Canadian prices for the upcoming Windows Vista products. There was speculation that those prices could not be translated to US amounts because Microsoft doesnt always do a direct value conversion. In fact, one source stated that you should simply drop $100 from the Canadian values to get the US dollar costs. The example given was that Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate, that was shown to be $499, would likely be $399 in the US.
If you take Amazon.com as the authority, then the $100 rule was a good guess. Amazon now lists Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate edition for $399. In fact, when I wrote this announcement it was #39 in the top selling software rankings! Even more interesting is that the availability is listed as:
Availability: This item will be released on January 30, 2007. Pre-order now. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Some other Amazon prices for Vista:
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade DVD $259
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic DVD $199
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Upgrade DVD $99.95
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium DVD $239
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade DVD $159
- Microsoft Windows Vista Business DVD $299
- Microsoft Windows Vista Business Upgrade DVD $199
# # #