The Internet of Things (IoT) is among us and is taking over. My parents recently installed a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) alarm system in their house with central monitoring. What they installed was an IoT device that connects to the internet via a cellular connection. From anywhere in the world, they can control their alarm system and get alerts straight to their smart phone. Are you ready for the Internet of Things?
Top White Papers and Webcasts
Learn how cybercriminals are populating botnets with easily exploitable Internet of Things devices like security cameras, webcams and DVRs.
Using Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, colleges and universities are linking anything and everything to create new applications that elevate the campus experience. It's called a Smart Campus. And it's transforming campus life for students, faculty and visitors. When everything is connected, devices and applications can interact with users and with each other in ways that weren't possible before: digital classrooms, connected campus ID cards, connected lighting and building environmental systems and …
Most Popular Programming Stories
- There have been no articles posted today.
- 1 Using Selenium WebDriver with Visual Studio
- 2 Extracting Icons Associated with Files in Visual Basic.NET
- 3 Considerations when Implementing an Information Management System
- 4 How Bundling and Minification Work in an MVC Application
- 5 Creating Resizable Drawings in Visual Basic.NET, Part 1: Rectangles