Using Web Service Code to Track FEDEX Packages

Environment: Web Services, .NET Web Service; written in VB.NET and Visual Studio 2003

Introduction

There was a need to track Federal Express Packages for my company from within my application. This Web Service was created with one public ally-accessible function—GetFedexTracking. This function takes two parameters. The first is an internal reference number or a FEDEX tracking number. The second is a string indicating the method of tracking. An XML document with the tracking information—or error information—is the result of this method call.

Things Necessary to Make This Work for You

If you do a search for word CHANGE, you will find four occurrences, including the one in this comment. Simply make the three necessary changes:

1. Set the FEDEX_ACCOUNT constant to your account number.
  2. Set the FEDEX_URL constant to the URL given to you by FEDEX.
  3. Set the referrer property of the req object to your company name.

Use Restrictions

Feel free to use this as you see fit. All I ask is that if you make any enhancements, please send them to me. I know that this code is not very complex, but it was a pain to figure out because I could find no good samples around on how to do some of the things necessary to accomplish this.

Downloads

Download source - 11 Kb

Comments

• Please provide me the FedEx URL

Posted by panda_biswajit on 06/10/2008 02:28pm

Please provide me the FedEx URL. I have the Fedex account with me but don't know the URL. Thanks Biswajit

• Fedex?

Posted by Legacy on 07/11/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: Ummite

Fedex charge a fixed 12.50 for custom, + the normal taxes that apply. They are thief and I suggest you to use another company to ship!

Leave a Comment
  • Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.

Top White Papers and Webcasts

• Live Event Date: October 29, 2014 @ 11:00 a.m. ET / 8:00 a.m. PT Are you interested in building a cognitive application using the power of IBM Watson? Need a platform that provides speed and ease for rapidly deploying this application? Join Chris Madison, Watson Solution Architect, as he walks through the process of building a Watson powered application on IBM Bluemix. Chris will talk about the new Watson Services just released on IBM bluemix, but more importantly he will do a step by step cognitive …

• Agile methodologies give development and test teams the ability to build software at a faster rate than ever before. Combining DevOps with hybrid cloud architectures give teams not just the principles, but also the technology necessary to achieve their goals. By combining hybrid cloud and DevOps: IT departments maintain control, visibility, and security Dev/test teams remain agile and collaborative Organizational barriers are broken down Innovation and automation can thrive Download this white paper to …

Most Popular Programming Stories

More for Developers

Latest Developer Headlines

RSS Feeds