Cool Chat - A Chat Program written in VB6

screen shot

Using Cool Chat

Cool Chat is a two person communication tool which was originally designed for Network and Internet use. One person must decide on who is going to be the Host and who will be the Guest. Check the appropriate radio button. If you choose Host, then you IP# will be automatically displayed in the Address box. This is just to simply make it easy to tell the Guest what your IP# is. There is a Send Email feature in the Utilities which makes it easy to send the guest an email stating your IP#. The default port is 1005 but you can choose any Port you wish. The Guest and Host port has to be the same. Enter your Nick Name. Note you can change your name during the session.

Host should now hit Listen and you will see a confirmation that you are listening on port x. Guest should now enter the Host IP# in the Address box and hit Connect. Upon connection both sides will display an "Online" image. If either side disconnects then the other side will be notified by a pop up message.

Utilities:

Send Email

This is pretty straight forward. Enter your email address (mdsharp@netzero.net) in the "Your Email" box. Then enter you name beside it in the "Name" box as you want it to appear in the email (Michael Sharp). Next enter your friends' email address in the "Send To" box. Then their name as you want it to appear in the email. The SMTP address is usually mail.your-isp.com or smtp.your-isp.com. Check with your ISP.

Check Email

Username is your mailbox username. Password is your mailbox password. POP3 server is usually mail.your-isp.com , pop3.your-isp.com or pop.your-isp.com. Check with your ISP. Progress and status messages are displayed during the checking of the mail. The default port of 110 is standard for pop3 servers and should not be changed unless you know yours is different. The log port status check box is used to display advanced status messages in the Port Connection Status box.

Download Zipped Program files (73k)

Comments

• yhyhyhyhyhyhyhyhyhyhyhyhyhyhyhyh

Posted by noufaltm on 01/30/2008 12:05pm

yhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Creating A Text Document And Saving It

Posted by tashicoma40 on 06/26/2007 02:39pm

I was wondering, can i make a command that creates a .txt document and save it in the desired location?Its because im making a program that records your data for next time you open up but all im missing its that. Please it will be great if you could show me, or show someone that know how to do it. Thank You and Have a Nice Day ! ps: www.tashicoma-heart.page.tl

• Can you make a Cool Chat that can have more users?

Posted by tashicoma40 on 06/20/2007 11:58am

That would really make you great person, scince friends and familys from around the world can comunicate and scince its only less than 1mb it only takes seconds to use, please, this is an idea, i need a form that allows more users right? so make the text be able to be send to multiple users using a chk box so when you have the ip adress of a friend you just put it in the txtbox and check the little box now you will recive and send messeges to each other, pretty good idea he? but i know how much the code is, so use your cool chat now and upgrade it, make an update.

• give me

Posted by pulli on 09/07/2008 07:09am

please give me the code for chating in vb6

• Clarification

Posted by Legacy on 02/03/2004 12:00am

Originally posted by: Purushoth

How to print or getthe serial port address in visual basic using any communication controls available in visual basic.

• Chat server

Posted by Legacy on 12/04/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: Nhowe

please help i want the cool chat to server as a server runnig over the internet that can accept many connections. thanks

• Please send them to me...

Posted by itman21c on 10/04/2006 12:38pm

If you need some knowledge about chat server development, Please send them to me..

• what does winsock need

Posted by Legacy on 11/07/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: smita

I am using a phone line and a modem to connect to internet like my friends. 

We have different ISPs, is it possible to write a chat program with WinSock in VB? If yes when will it work and how? I mean will chat programs which are written in VB with WinSock work when Server and Clients computers are connected to different ISPs With modem? Or something else is needed?
    how to find ISPs of a computer?

Please reply to:
    smita_bhandare@yahoo.co.in
    varsh10@sify.com

• Please reply to me too

Posted by tashicoma40 on 06/20/2007 11:59am

at : tashicoma_14@hotmail.com

• Via Internet

Posted by Legacy on 09/12/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: Rajesh

Its working well thru Lan, but while connecting without Lan thru Internet its not working, I want 2 know how 2 connect via Internet, pls guide me 2 work on it

• cool chat / web page hybrib

Posted by Legacy on 08/01/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: mac1

can someone tell me if i can i put cool chat in my web page? and if i can, how?

• How I Modify This Program

Posted by Legacy on 06/20/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: Pawan Singh

what should i do in order that i can make more than 2 users to talk to each other like in a chatroom? 

can you help me with this one? am just new in VB and i have this project that i will do. just like creating a chatroom in VB...

pls email me...

Thank's

• chat with many

Posted by Legacy on 05/18/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: terence

is it one person can chat with many user from different pc?

hope i can get the answer.thanks

• Loading, Please Wait ...

Leave a Comment
  • Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.

Top White Papers and Webcasts

• Live Event Date: November 20, 2014 @ 2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT Are you wanting to target two or more platforms such as iOS, Android, and/or Windows? You are not alone. 90% of enterprises today are targeting two or more platforms. Attend this eSeminar to discover how mobile app developers can rely on one IDE to create applications across platforms and approaches (web, native, and/or hybrid), saving time, money, and effort and introducing apps to market faster. You'll learn the trade-offs for gaining long …

• IBM Worklight is a mobile application development platform that lets you extend your business to mobile devices. It is designed to provide an open, comprehensive platform to build, run and manage HTML5, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Most Popular Programming Stories

More for Developers

Latest Developer Headlines

RSS Feeds