VB .NET Versioning

I was frustrated with my inability to use Visual Basic 6 AutoIncrement versioning in .NET projects. The new versioning just didn't seem right to me.

This macro intercepts the OnBuildBegin event and searches the current solution for an assemblyinfo.vb file. Opened files are closed and their version number is incremented in x.xx.xxx.xxxx form. After all the work is done, the file is reopened.

If you encounter any problems, feel free to contact me at support@jmedved.com.

About the Author

Josip Medved

VB programmer with MCSD status. Loves chevapi...
Medo's Home Page
Medo64 blog

Downloads

Comments

• There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment!

Leave a Comment
  • Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.

Top White Papers and Webcasts

• Live Event Date: August 14, 2014 @ 2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT Data protection has long been considered "overhead" by many organizations in the past, many chalking it up to an insurance policy or an extended warranty you may never use. The realities of today make data protection a must-have, as we live in a data driven society. The digital assets we create, share, and collaborate with others on must be managed and protected for many purposes. Check out this upcoming eSeminar and join eVault Chief Technology …

• As a result of corporate expansions, mergers, and acquisitions, the teams and technologies that support an organization's IT service management (ITSM) practices can over time become somewhat dispersed. Supporting an organization's strategic objectives, and providing consistent and quality IT support is essential, but this can be challenging where disconnected support environments exist. While physically centralizing support is not always possible, nor is it always desirable, delivering a consistent and …

Most Popular Programming Stories

More for Developers

Latest Developer Headlines

RSS Feeds