VB .NET Versioning

I was frustrated with my inability to use Visual Basic 6 AutoIncrement versioning in .NET projects. The new versioning just didn't seem right to me.

This macro intercepts the OnBuildBegin event and searches the current solution for an assemblyinfo.vb file. Opened files are closed and their version number is incremented in x.xx.xxx.xxxx form. After all the work is done, the file is reopened.

If you encounter any problems, feel free to contact me at support@jmedved.com.

About the Author

Josip Medved

VB programmer with MCSD status. Loves chevapi...
Medo's Home Page
Medo64 blog

Downloads

Comments

• There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment!

Leave a Comment
  • Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.

Top White Papers and Webcasts

• Java developers know that testing code changes can be a huge pain, and waiting for an application to redeploy after a code fix can take an eternity. Wouldn't it be great if you could see your code changes immediately, fine-tune, debug, explore and deploy code without waiting for ages? In this white paper, find out how that's possible with a Java plugin that drastically changes the way you develop, test and run Java applications. Discover the advantages of this plugin, and the changes you can expect to see …

• Cybercrime is getting big and bigger. 2013 was the year of the Mega Breach with eight top data breaches resulting in the loss of tens of millions of data records. Criminals are always looking for vulnerabilities to exploit. Applications are already becoming a target. Is signing code and apps the answer to protecting our users from malware in applications? Are there any challenges with code signing? In this program we answer those questions and more with two of the industry's leading experts -- Mario de …

Most Popular Programming Stories

More for Developers

Latest Developer Headlines

RSS Feeds