VB .NET Versioning

I was frustrated with my inability to use Visual Basic 6 AutoIncrement versioning in .NET projects. The new versioning just didn't seem right to me.

This macro intercepts the OnBuildBegin event and searches the current solution for an assemblyinfo.vb file. Opened files are closed and their version number is incremented in x.xx.xxx.xxxx form. After all the work is done, the file is reopened.

If you encounter any problems, feel free to contact me at support@jmedved.com.

About the Author

Josip Medved

VB programmer with MCSD status. Loves chevapi...
Medo's Home Page
Medo64 blog

Downloads

Comments

• There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment!

Leave a Comment
  • Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.

Top White Papers and Webcasts

• Companies rely on their telephone and voice systems to maintain services and products to their customers. Yet many experience outages with no plans in place to ensure a speedy recovery. A solid business continuity plan can help maintain uptime and reduce the headaches and fires IT has to deal with when an outage occurs. This white paper takes a deeper look into the common causes of voice failures, how companies deal with voice outages today, and how to determine the right business continuity solution for your …

• "Disaster Recovery" is really about business resiliency – how quickly can your business get back online from an unpredictable event like a major weather emergency or other unscheduled downtime? This ebook explores the costs of downtime for even the smallest business, as well as how hosted Microsoft SQL Server can deliver on your need for business continuity.

Most Popular Programming Stories

More for Developers

RSS Feeds

Thanks for your registration, follow us on our social networks to keep up-to-date