Compact and Repair All Access Databases in a Directory and in the Directories Beneath It

This searches every directory that the user defined, and the directories beneath them. It then finds MDB files and "compacts and repairs" them. It does a great job for me by making 2 Gb project backup files compact down to 20 Mb. Of course, that's after compressing them with WINRAR for the best and solid compression.

Downloads

Comments

• Error message

Posted by Mark Hensberg on 07/30/2012 01:40am

Any suggestions about the "Run time error" : -2147217843 (80040ed4) Not a valid password. If the databases have a common password, is there anyway I could insert it somewhere in a setup? Thanks Mark

• Good Tool

Posted by Mike on 06/15/2012 07:41am

This does exactly as advertised. Compacted about 10 DB in a folder and its sub folders. Saved about 100mb. Thanks, saved me a lot of time.

Leave a Comment
  • Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.

Top White Papers and Webcasts

• On-demand Event Event Date: September 10, 2014 Modern mobile applications connect systems-of-engagement (mobile apps) with systems-of-record (traditional IT) to deliver new and innovative business value. But the lifecycle for development of mobile apps is also new and different. Emerging trends in mobile development call for faster delivery of incremental features, coupled with feedback from the users of the app "in the wild." This loop of continuous delivery and continuous feedback is how the best mobile …

• Targeted attacks and advanced threats are customized to infiltrate your unique IT infrastructure, evade conventional defenses, and remain hidden while stealing your corporate data. To detect these criminal intrusions, analysts and security experts agree that organizations should deploy advanced threat protection as part of an expanded security monitoring strategy. For this comparative analysis of breach detection systems, product analysis reports and comparative analysis reports are used to create the security …

Most Popular Programming Stories

More for Developers

Latest Developer Headlines

RSS Feeds