Compact and Repair All Access Databases in a Directory and in the Directories Beneath It

This searches every directory that the user defined, and the directories beneath them. It then finds MDB files and "compacts and repairs" them. It does a great job for me by making 2 Gb project backup files compact down to 20 Mb. Of course, that's after compressing them with WINRAR for the best and solid compression.

Downloads

Comments

• Error message

Posted by Mark Hensberg on 07/30/2012 01:40am

Any suggestions about the "Run time error" : -2147217843 (80040ed4) Not a valid password. If the databases have a common password, is there anyway I could insert it somewhere in a setup? Thanks Mark

• Good Tool

Posted by Mike on 06/15/2012 07:41am

This does exactly as advertised. Compacted about 10 DB in a folder and its sub folders. Saved about 100mb. Thanks, saved me a lot of time.

Leave a Comment
  • Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.

Top White Papers and Webcasts

• Java developers know that testing code changes can be a huge pain, and waiting for an application to redeploy after a code fix can take an eternity. Wouldn't it be great if you could see your code changes immediately, fine-tune, debug, explore and deploy code without waiting for ages? In this white paper, find out how that's possible with a Java plugin that drastically changes the way you develop, test and run Java applications. Discover the advantages of this plugin, and the changes you can expect to see …

• Hybrid cloud platforms need to think in terms of sweet spots when it comes to application platform interface (API) integration. Cloud Velocity has taken a unique approach to tight integration with the API sweet spot; enough to support the agility of physical and virtual apps, including multi-tier environments and databases, while reducing capital and operating costs. Read this case study to learn how a global-level Fortune 1000 company was able to deploy an entire 6+ TB Oracle eCommerce stack in Amazon Web …

Most Popular Programming Stories

More for Developers

Latest Developer Headlines

RSS Feeds