Compact and Repair All Access Databases in a Directory and in the Directories Beneath It

This searches every directory that the user defined, and the directories beneath them. It then finds MDB files and "compacts and repairs" them. It does a great job for me by making 2 Gb project backup files compact down to 20 Mb. Of course, that's after compressing them with WINRAR for the best and solid compression.

• Error message

Posted by Mark Hensberg on 07/30/2012 01:40am

Any suggestions about the "Run time error" : -2147217843 (80040ed4) Not a valid password. If the databases have a common password, is there anyway I could insert it somewhere in a setup? Thanks Mark

• Good Tool

Posted by Mike on 06/15/2012 07:41am

This does exactly as advertised. Compacted about 10 DB in a folder and its sub folders. Saved about 100mb. Thanks, saved me a lot of time.

Leave a Comment
  • Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.

Top White Papers and Webcasts

• Anthony Christie, the Chief Marketing Officer for Level Communications, is responsible for customer experience, worldwide marketing and product management. In this informative asset, he shares his insights into why a private network connection to cloud-bases applications is the right decision for your enterprise. Download now to find out more.

• Moving from an on-premises environment to Office 365 does not remove the need to plan for disruptions or reduce the business risk requirements for protecting email services. If anything, some risks increase with a move to the cloud. Read how to ease the transition every business faces if considering or already migrating to cloud email. This white paper discusses: Setting expectations when migrating to Office 365 Understanding the implications of relying solely on Exchange Online security Necessary archiving …

Most Popular Programming Stories

More for Developers

RSS Feeds

Thanks for your registration, follow us on our social networks to keep up-to-date