Compact and Repair All Access Databases in a Directory and in the Directories Beneath It

This searches every directory that the user defined, and the directories beneath them. It then finds MDB files and "compacts and repairs" them. It does a great job for me by making 2 Gb project backup files compact down to 20 Mb. Of course, that's after compressing them with WINRAR for the best and solid compression.

Downloads

Comments

• Error message

Posted by Mark Hensberg on 07/30/2012 01:40am

Any suggestions about the "Run time error" : -2147217843 (80040ed4) Not a valid password. If the databases have a common password, is there anyway I could insert it somewhere in a setup? Thanks Mark

• Good Tool

Posted by Mike on 06/15/2012 07:41am

This does exactly as advertised. Compacted about 10 DB in a folder and its sub folders. Saved about 100mb. Thanks, saved me a lot of time.

Leave a Comment
  • Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.

Top White Papers and Webcasts

• Packaged application development teams frequently operate with limited testing environments due to time and labor constraints. By virtualizing the entire application stack, packaged application development teams can deliver business results faster, at higher quality, and with lower risk.

• Live Event Date: October 29, 2014 @ 11:00 a.m. ET / 8:00 a.m. PT Are you interested in building a cognitive application using the power of IBM Watson? Need a platform that provides speed and ease for rapidly deploying this application? Join Chris Madison, Watson Solution Architect, as he walks through the process of building a Watson powered application on IBM Bluemix. Chris will talk about the new Watson Services just released on IBM bluemix, but more importantly he will do a step by step cognitive …

Most Popular Programming Stories

More for Developers

Latest Developer Headlines

RSS Feeds