Editable FlexGrid/Grid Control in VB4/5/6

Editable FlexGrid/Grid Control in VB4/5/6

Overview

This code shows how to use a TextBox control with a Grid.OCX (VB4) or a MSFlexGrid.OCX (VB5/6) control to make an editable grid control. It also demonstrates how to copy the selected Cells to the ClipBoard.

Screen Shot

The code works by having a hidden textbox (text1) on the same form as the Grid Control and positioning it over the relevant cell when editing is to occur. The code should work with the standard GRID.OCX control that came with VB4 as well as the MSFlexGrid control supplied with VB5/6. The code has comments to show where FlexGrid only code could be applied.

Download Zipped Project File (3k)

Comments

• Editable Flexgrid - OCX (VB 6.0)

Posted by deepasubbu on 11/03/2008 06:51am

Very nice article sir. We would like to share our tool-> Editable Flexgrid - OCX (VB 6.0) with open source from www.wbcsoftwarelab.com with codeguru community. Regularly we would like to have communication with you. Please visit our www.wbcsoftwarelab.blogspot.com and wbcsoftwarelab forum.

• abdusaid

Posted by abdusaid on 09/23/2009 08:14am

good for source

• good

Posted by mahade on 05/12/2004 10:54am

fdsdgmn ,shn s,nfg s,fdg

• The fast and sloppy way

Posted by Legacy on 07/15/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: onkl

Thanks a lot, this is indeed a more decent way than the one discovered earlier by me.
    In return, if this solution is to big for anyone needing a small edit solution, try adding this to your code:

Private Sub MSFlexGrid1_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
    Me.MSFlexGrid1.Text = Me.MSFlexGrid1.Text & Chr(KeyAscii)
    End Sub

Do note however that the solution presented in the main article is, though longer, bettter usable. This one is maybe nice for the "quick-fix" style solution

• My Request

Posted by Legacy on 06/30/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: R. Krishnan

Sir,

Pl. let me know how to write code for MSFlex Grid in editable mode.

If possible can u help me in designing a small program with Flex Grid control with add, mod, del and view buttons.

thanks
    R.Krishnan

• author email has changed..!

Posted by Legacy on 05/06/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: devrim pakkan

Thanks for your comments.
    I will try to come with new ideas to make this control more robust.
    new email : devrim.pakkan@superonline.com

I need a grid control that can handle progress bar inside cells. Any idea.

• Adding a ComboBox to a FlexGrid

Posted by Legacy on 04/25/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: smallo

Anybody can tell me how can I insert a comboBox into a particular flexGrid's cell.

• how to multiple selection can do

Posted by Legacy on 04/19/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: ganesh

i have one proble in msflexigrid that is my client wants select at a time number of rows and copy it to another msflexgrid.is it possible to do like that.if possible than give me solution.

• Its Emphatic

Posted by Legacy on 04/03/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: Alok

Its really a great approach. However, there is only drawback that needs modification. A user double clicks on a field, changes it.. and now as per this approach, he is bound to press 'return/enter' key to make his change permanent, if possible can't we do it also be some other keys say on pressing 'Tab'. So that the user can make changes to multiple grids. The 'Tab' can navigate the user to next field as well as make his changes permanent.

• I love you

Posted by Legacy on 04/01/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: Panda Power

I've been looking for this everywhere and now you've given me the key.

Thanks a million!

• pankaj

Posted by Legacy on 02/02/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: pankajpandey

How to add combo box for a particular cell in a msflexgrid control

• Loading, Please Wait ...

Leave a Comment
  • Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.

Top White Papers and Webcasts

• Live Event Date: November 20, 2014 @ 2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT Are you wanting to target two or more platforms such as iOS, Android, and/or Windows? You are not alone. 90% of enterprises today are targeting two or more platforms. Attend this eSeminar to discover how mobile app developers can rely on one IDE to create applications across platforms and approaches (web, native, and/or hybrid), saving time, money, and effort and introducing apps to market faster. You'll learn the trade-offs for gaining long …

• IBM Worklight is a mobile application development platform that lets you extend your business to mobile devices. It is designed to provide an open, comprehensive platform to build, run and manage HTML5, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Most Popular Programming Stories

More for Developers

Latest Developer Headlines

RSS Feeds