Determining Item / Subitem Clicked in a ListView

This small code sample shows how to detect where the mouse was clicked in a listview.

Microsoft, in all their wisdom didn't give us VB developers an easy way to determine where in the listview the mouse was clicked. If you want to place a combo/textbox over a listitem / subitem, it can prove tricky to find out what item was clicked - this code will show you just how to do that.

The code uses the LVHITTESTINFO structure ported from the commctl.h C header file and the LVHT_ constants. The structure will let you know where in the listview the mouse was clicked, including :

• An Items Icon (including SubItem Icons)
  • On Text
  • On a State Icon
  • Nowhere !

Download zipped project file

• Damn right it is

Posted by Capoustaits on 02/09/2013 04:12pm

Belly Belts Much like the Ab Tek Can't Provide you with Six-pack Abdominal muscles reduce abdominal training methods Choosing the best Abdominal training exercises to your Workout Best Belly Training regarding Joggers [url=]Ab Flex Belt[/url] Belly Slide with regard to About three Instant Ab Exercise routine Associate Exercise - Abdominal Exercises The amount regarding anterior pelvic tilt and stomach muscle mass strength The awesome Stomach Workout That Performs!

• Implementation in Delphi

Posted by gcsaba2 on 10/27/2006 08:51am

• subclick is nice, where is the code

Posted by wiroon on 07/11/2005 10:56pm

I am new at codeguru. I have logged-in and still can not see the code. Tell me how to view the code.

• vb code comments

Posted by Legacy on 08/20/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: shakir

nice code tell u after checking it

• 2017_subclick

Posted by Legacy on 07/17/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: Chege

Sweet stuff! Saved my skin!!!

• 2017_subclick

Posted by Legacy on 07/15/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: Cary Martin

You did a good job here. This was really useful.

• Pretty cool isn't it!

Posted by Legacy on 04/22/2003 12:00am

Originally posted by: Wong Liang

• This is great :) Tanx

Posted by Legacy on 08/13/2002 12:00am

Originally posted by: Sam Vazirian

Just wanted to say TANX

• Thank u

Posted by Legacy on 04/19/2002 12:00am

Originally posted by: Murali

thank u very much...
    i got so many things from this....

• Simply AWESOME!

Posted by Legacy on 01/17/2002 12:00am

Originally posted by: Lanny Schiele

This is just to good to be true! Thank you!

• Loading, Please Wait ...

Leave a Comment
  • Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.

Top White Papers and Webcasts

• Enterprises are increasingly looking to platform as a service (PaaS) to lower their costs and speed their time to market for new applications. Developing, deploying, and managing applications in the cloud eliminates the time and expense of managing a physical infrastructure to support them. PaaS offerings must deliver additional long-term benefits, such as a lower total cost of ownership (TCO), rapid scalability, and ease of integration, all while providing robust security and availability. This report …

• Moving from an on-premises environment to Office 365 does not remove the need to plan for disruptions or reduce the business risk requirements for protecting email services. If anything, some risks increase with a move to the cloud. Read how to ease the transition every business faces if considering or already migrating to cloud email. This white paper discusses: Setting expectations when migrating to Office 365 Understanding the implications of relying solely on Exchange Online security Necessary archiving …

Most Popular Programming Stories

More for Developers

RSS Feeds

Thanks for your registration, follow us on our social networks to keep up-to-date