ClassBuilder is an Object Oriented C++ front end to your compiler. It lets you create, manipulate and navigate classes, class relations, class members and class methods at a high level of abstraction trough a graphical user interface. Its rich feature list includes:
- Full code generation for the defined relations and their associated find methods.
- Wizards to insert code, like iteration loops and navigation paths.
- Code syncronisation with compile environment.
- Full code generation for serializing the complete data model when used together with MFC. (The tool is build with itself and uses this feature to save to and read from file).
- Drag and drop support for many things. Adding a member to a class is just drag with holding down the Ctrl-key and then drop it on the desired class.
- Documentation generation in RTF and HTML.
This is a demo version, it may be freely distributed as is, without modification.
- Changes in version 1.4:
- Removed all restrictions.
- Several bug fixes.
- Added 'Open' & 'Edit Code' to shortcut menu.
- Added messages boxes to make the working of the 'Read Visio' command clear.
- Added 'Write Mdl', to export datamodel (without code) to Rational Rose.
- Version 1.5 is not planned, but if there are serious bugs in version 1.4 they will be solved by this release.
- Version 2.0 (release november 1998 ?)
- Command 'Read Visio' removed.
- Command 'Write Mdl' removed.
- Added integrated class diagram editor, therefore the above commands are obsolete.
- Updated documentation generation, to include the class diagram drawings.
- Changed mouse click behaviour with respect to 'Open' and 'Edit Code'.
- Bug fixes, don't know which ones, you have to report them!!
- Version 2.1 & 2.2 are planned as bugfix releases, with perhaps some minor enhancements.
- Version 2.5 (Release Q2 1999)
- Colorized source code editor, with wizard functionality.
- Version 2.6 & 2.7 are planned as bugfix releases, with wizard enhancements on the source code editor.
- Version 3.0 ??????? I need input for this one!!!!
The author (Jimmy Venema) can be contacted at email@example.com.
This demo version can be downloaded from here.