LabelEdit and LabelComboBox are controls which looks like a CStatic, but when the user clicks on the control, an edit control or combobox appears which allows the user write (select) new value.
- In Resource Designer, put one or more custom controls. In the "Class" edit box in the "Properties" dialog for the custom control, specify "TLabelEdit" (no quotes).
- In InitInstance of the main application, you must call CTLabelEdit::RegClassLabelEdit() in order to register the window class TLabelEdit.
- Declare in Dialog or CFormView a member of the type which you want to use: CTLabelEdit or CTLabelComboBox
- In InitDialog (or OnInitalUpdate) you must subclass custom controls with the new members added in step 3.
- For controls of type CTLabelComboBox there must be an existing combobox control which the CTLabelComboBox will be attached. In step 4 you must attach the combobox to the custom control with the function CTLabelList::Attach(...).
This custom controls can be extended to use listbox, etc.
Last updated: 30 May 1998