- Lexmark’s Perceptive Software announces the release of the company’s Interact 2.0 for Microsoft Dynamics AX. Interact 2.0 allows AX users to quickly and easily locate relevant content, based on a customer-defined folder hierarchy, within any AX list page or details screen.
- Interact 2.0 offers a configurable deployment to any form in Microsoft Dynamics AX, including configuration-driven context for access privileges, capture and viewing. Metadata mapping, access and capture are configurable. End users are able to capture files in as few as two clicks through multiple options, populating metadata from AX automatically and submitting directly to Perceptive content management or version control.
- Complementing Microsoft Dynamics AX with separate systems has been a traditional approach for bridging gaps in unstructured content retrieval, though requiring users to switch between multiple systems is time-consuming and often results in errors. By embedding within the native AX system, Interact 2.0 eliminates this liability.
- Training users on multiple systems is inefficient and expensive. Since Interact 2.0 makes content available directly within the Microsoft Dynamics AX platform, it demands little training; multiple document viewer options are available to fit each customer’s unique preferences and needs.
- In addition to delivering enterprise process and content management capabilities that keep Microsoft Dynamics AX users productive in that application, Perceptive Software also enables users in CRM, email and mobile environments to access critical content through a common repository.
“Interact 2.0 enables Microsoft Dynamics AX users to save and retrieve relevant documents, with no need to switch between applications and very little in the way of training for end users,” said Steve Kinney, director of engineering, Perceptive Software. “The application leverages the AX native security model to keep content access aligned with user roles, and can be implemented with standard AX tools and processes, allowing for simple administration and minimizing the need for additional professional services. By giving businesses a greater capability to manage unstructured content across the organization, Interact 2.0 drives efficiency and productivity for a superior return on investment.”