Environment: C++ 6.0, NT 4.0 or later, Win95 or later
Magnifying Glass is application that adds icon to system tray. Magnification is activated by clicking of this item. After this program shows magnifying glass in any place of the screen when left mouse button is pressed.
Topics covered in this program:
- Using mutex in single-instance application.
- Writing application that adds icon to system tray.
- Using unvisible TOPMOST window to capture mouse input on the whole screen.
- Using message crackers from WindowsX.h.
- Windows graphics (GDI).
- CamStudio project. Using unvisible window to capture mouse events on the whole screen. http://www.atomixbuttons.com/vsc
- Chris Maunder. Adding Icons to the System Tray. http://www.codeproject.com/shell/systemtray.asp
- Chris Maunder. Creating an application with no taskbar icon. http://www.codeproject.com/docview/notaskbaricon.asp
- Jeffrey Richter. Programming Applications for Microsoft Windows. Microsoft Press 1999. Appendix B. Message Crackers.
Fixed problems with 1/29/2002 update:
- Redrawing problem in Windows 95, 98
- Compilation error when SDK is not installed.