The use of a class instead of global functions allowed for some extra features:
- The Dib maintains a CPalette member that updates automatically
- The BITMAPINFOHEADER structure and the image bits are kept in diferent data members (which allows for an easier access if image proccesing capabilities are added)
- Improved clipboard support implementation
- The Paint function (former PaintDIB) now includes palette support
- Serialization support (Serialize function implemented)
This class could be a starting point to a more complex image class. It has been used (among other things) to implement a static control to display images and a completely object oriented DIBLOOK. These articles can be found on the static control section and the samples section respectively.
Last updated: 24 June 1998