Why is the CUniButton useful? Look at the snap-shot of demo application above. It shows several buttons on the dialog. All these GUI elements have been created from a single CUniButton class. They are clickable, fire BN_CLICK event, and do everything else as "normal" buttons do. The unusual shapes produced by using windows regions. Regions have been introduced in Windows 95, so do not try do use CUniButton on Win 3.1. You can create button out of any shape you can think of.
I will list several topics covered in the CUniButton class:
- creating and manipulating regions
- mouse event handling, mouse capture
- off screen bitmaps and DC's
- BeginPath(), EndPath(), PathToRgn()
- drawing 3D border around region
- manipulation of region pixels
- button inside of another button
Please look at source code to learn great potential of regions!
Date Last Updated: February 3, 1999