A free, primarily template based library, the COM STL Bridge (CSB) is available for immediate download from:
A sample is included that demonstrates how to combine the power of COM and C++'s STL to sort a collection with a single line of code, across different machines if desired. If you've ever looked for a solution for wrapping your C++ containers and iterators with COM interfaces in an effortless fashion, then CSB is your answer.
- COM wrappers for STL containers and iterators.
- IPersistStream support for STL containers.
- VARIANT-style and type safe interfaces.
- VB-callable _NewEnum method.
- Choice of apartment and free threaded objects.
- STL compliant adapters for COM enumerators and collections.
- Choice of caching policies to configure interaction between STL iterator adapter and COM enumerator eliminates apartment/network round trips when appropriate.
- Portable to various COM platforms (Unix, etc.).
- Full and automatic support for ISupportErrorInfo.
- Segmented error architecture permits easy pass-through of error result codes.
- C++ exception support, integrated with ISupportErrorInfo.
- Free: $0 development license, $0 run-time royalties.